5 Signs you might be Grinding your Teeth at Night:
Are you wondering if your grind you teeth at night? Studies have shown that up to 25% of all people do some teeth grinding at night. Teeth grinding normally only happens at night and most people have no idea that they grind their teeth until there dentist tells them, or if they start to experience pain in the morning
- Grinding sounds at night why sleeping.
- Jaw pain in the morning which can cause headaches
- Flat or worn down teeth. Even cracked teeth.
- Sores on the inside of the mouth
- Sensitive teeth –Enamel will be worn causing sensitivity with the teeth.
If you feel like you are experiencing bruxism (teeth grinding\clenching) visit your dentist and they can evaluate you further. The first step in preventing teeth grinding damage is to get a professional fitting teeth grinding guard. A night grinding guard is designed to take the force of grinding\clenching instead of having the teeth. The guard protects the teeth and will normally solve most people’s issues. Here is an example of a teeth grinding guard that we provide on our website.