What to do if your Dental Retainer Crack?
Did your retainer just crack? Clear retainers can break, that is one of the down sides of the Essix clear retainers. When removing your retainer you want to be careful not to twist the retainer. The twisting of the retainer is the most common way that a retainer can break.
Retainer is cracked. Now What?
- Don’t panic your teeth will not shift back to their pretreatment position right away, but you do want to get a new retainer quickly.
- There isn’t a way to repair clear retainers. They will need to be replaced.
- If it’s possible you want to continue to wear the retainers. Even if it’s in two piece it will still help prevent the teeth from shifting.
- See if you have your old dental mold. If you have a mold of your teeth SportingSmiles can use the mold to make you a new retainer.
- Order Essix Plus retainers. The Plus material is 2x as durable as standard material and less likely they will crack again.
- We have expedited option on our website. You want to take the impression as soon as possible to lock in your tooth position.